Are you feeling...
- overwhelmed by the stress of life?
- discouraged like nothing will ever change?
- hopeless and don't know where to turn?
- anxious and can't shake it off?
I absolutely believe that hope and healing are possible. You don't have to do this alone. Whether you are burdened by current life challenges or struggling with the pain and shame of past hurts, I will listen to you with an attitude of compassion, warmth, and caring.
My clients struggle with many issues including:
- past sexual, physical, emotional abuse
- past trauma
- eating disorders and eating issues
- marriage problems
- spiritual concerns
- grief and loss
Therapy is a safe, supportive and confidential place for healing and improving your life.
Find Solutions now
While there are certain times that it is important to work with past events and wounds, such as with PTSD, many times, I find that people are desperate for changes... now.
By using a method that is goal oriented and focused on finding solutions, most clients find relief or improvement very quickly.
I work with people to help them set their goals and help keep people accountable for reaching those goals.
Emotional Toolbox for coping and healing
Were you told that "boys don't cry" or "girls don't get angry - be nice!" Most of us didn't learn how to handle our emotions and we run far away from the most painful emotions, such as anger, fear, shame, and sadness. We bury our emotions in the "isms" of life - workaholism, eating disorders and eating issues, addictions, substance abuse, codependency, etc.
I work with people to help them more effectively manage their emotions so that the emotions don't manage them. Sometimes, I call this "emotion coaching". I help give people tools for their "emotional toolbox" that they can use to navigate the emotional ups and downs of life. Learning to deal with your emotions and handle the difficult emotions of others will give you a happier, more fulfilling life.
Personal Growth and Healing
Individual counseling can help you live your best life through:
- Improving self-esteem
- Increase emotion regulation skills
- Developing strengths and talents
- Overcoming fear and anxiety in relationships and life
- Increased ability to handle life's stresses and challenges
- Enhancing quality of life
- Spiritual growth and development