Is ADHD ruining your marriage?
- 5% of adults have ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- 90% of adults with ADHD are undiagnosed and untreated.
- A person with ADHD is almost twice as likely as one who does not have ADHD to be divorced.
- 58% of relationships with at least one person with ADHD are clinically dysfunctional.
Do you feel...
- as if your ADHD spouse doesn't love you anymore? Or that your relationship has lost its spark from when you were dating?
- like your ADHD spouse is more like your child than your partner?
- tired of nagging to get your ADHD spouse to do anything around the house, or tired of the broken promises to finally do something?
- lonely, angry, resentful, exhausted, overwhelmed, and maybe even wondering if your marriage to your ADHD spouse is even worth the trouble and pain?
How can Marriage counseling for ADHD help?
- it will help you understand what ADHD and ADD is and how it is impacting your relationship.
- It will help the ADHD spouse learn to manage symptoms effectively.
- It will help the non-ADHD spouse manage responses to those symptoms in a more effective and helpful way.
- Therapy can help you and your spouse stop the blame game and communicate in ways that are more helpful and loving.
- Couples counseling can help you and your spouse to change destructive patterns of relating, nagging, and resentment.
- Treatment can help you to reignite the passion, romance, and intimacy that you once had with your spouse.
More posts you might find interesting...